Translate

Thursday 9 July 2015

Messi the best in history, says Arda

The Turkey winger can't wait to get started at Camp Nou and named
the two Barcelona stars he is looking forward to playing alongside the
most
New Barcelona signing Arda Turan says he can't wait to play alongside
Lionel Messi - a player he has described as "the best ever" - and his
idol Andres Iniesta .
The Turkey international completed a €41 million move to Camp Nou
from Atletico Madrid on Monday after a four-year spell at the Vicente
Calderon which saw him claim five trophies.
Arda says he is now ready to take the next step and feels that his
transfer is reward for all of his hard work in the capital.
"Messi is simply the best ever, it's an honour to wear the same shirt
and play alongside him. My idol was always Maradona but the current
player that I idolise is Iniesta," he is quoted as saying by AS .
"Being part of Barcelona means a lot. It is my dream, a reward for the
work that I have culminated through my career. It means everything.
"I’m ready for the challenge of playing at Barca. I think a lot about my
possibilities and those of my team-mates. I’m sure they will help me
adapt.
"Clearly Barca do things differently to other clubs. As players, these
values, on and off the pitch, are the systems, the aspects, the style of
play…In short, the club is a team on and off the pitch.
"My goals are not individual but that of the team, these players and the
system. I’m sure I can do more and improve my stats. The important
thing is to integrate into the team and the system of Luis Enrique."
However, Arda could still return to Atletico if the winner of Barcelona's
presidential election opts not to give the transfer the green light, with
candidate Agusti Benedito claiming the deal is a huge problem for the
club.

Goal.com



Posted by Adebayo A J